Greetings Patriot Families,
We are so excited to welcome ALL of our students back to school this year! We are also happy to introduce Meghan Sullivan, who will be serving as assistant principal and athletic director at Liberty Jr. High. Ms. Sullivan has been working in BSD111 for the past 9 years and we are thrilled to have her join our Liberty team!!
One of our main focuses this school year is to build relationships and to connect with our students as they transition back to school as many of them may feel disconnected from the previous school year. At this time, there is great anticipation of what is to come, and the Liberty team is excited to reconnect with our Patriots and to support them throughout the school year.
Below is some information to ensure a smooth transition to the start of the school year.
Student Walk-Through Day: There will be an OPTIONAL student walk-through day on Thursday, August 19th from 3:30 pm-5:30 pm.
- The purpose of the student walk-through is for students to walk through the building and familiarize themselves with their schedule and how to navigate the building.
- There will not be a formal meeting or orientation.
- Hall monitors will be available to assist. Parents are welcome to join their children.
- Paper copies of schedules will not be available.
- We are encouraging all of our families to sign up for PowerSchool and retrieve access to student schedules.
- This will also give you access to your student’s grades and attendance throughout the school year.
Student Schedules: Below are links that will help you set up a PowerSchool account.
Power School Instructions
Arabic PowerSchool Instructions
Polish PowerSchool Instructions
Spanish PowerSchool Instructions
Lockers: At this time students will not be using hallway lockers. Students will take backpacks with them to their classes. We will have students transition to using their lockers throughout the school year.
Bell Schedules: Below is a link to the bell schedules for regular school days and half-days.
COVID Safety Protocols:
- All students and staff are required to properly wear a face mask at school while indoors.
- Masks must be worn on all school buses.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and in common areas.
Extracurriculars: After-school extracurriculars will be resuming this fall for students that are interested. More information will be in the school announcements during the first few weeks of school regarding tryouts.
Student Arrival and Dismissal:
- Traffic flow around the school is clockwise; please make sure to use the passenger door that always opens to the curb for safety reasons.
- Make sure to park legally; be aware of blocking driveways and double parking.
- School doors open at 8:20 am.
- Students begin entering the building at 8:20 am and students should be in their seats ready to learn by 8:30 am.
- Please make sure students are on time every day.
- Below is a link with a map outlining the traffic patterns for parent drop off/pick up.
Uniforms Requirements: Students will not be changing for PE at this time of the school year. All students are required to wear their school ID and lanyard. ID’s and lanyards will be distributed to students during the first week of school.
Light blue or white solid colored shirts, blouses, tops, or polo shirts. Appropriate style of tops, shirts or blouses include buttons, long or short sleeve, mock turtle necks and turtle necks. All tops, shirts or blouses must have a folded down collar. No undershirts will be allowed as outerwear.
Navy blue or black business casual pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers or slacks; all shorts, skorts, and jumpers must be mid-thigh. Examples of pants/bottoms that are not “business casual” include, but are not necessarily limited to, cargo pants, jeans/denim pants, sweatpants, pajamas or pajama pants, parachute pants, warm-ups, or tights/spandex,. Pants/bottoms permitted under this Policy may have elastic waistbands. All pants/bottoms must be worn at the waist. Pants/bottoms not allowed under this Policy may only be worn on Theme Days as permitted by the Building Principal.
Black or blue belts are suggested with pants that have pant loops.
- Socks: Required
Non-skid, closed toe dress shoes or non-skid gym shoes with Velcro straps, zippers or shoelaces. Shoes must have only one set of matching solid shoelaces. All shoes worn must be securely fastened.
Navy blue, white, light blue and solid, non-hooded sweatshirts with appropriate uniformed collared shirt underneath.
- Theme Day:
On special occasions, as designated by the building principal at his/her discretion, the above uniform dress requirements may be relaxed and students allowed to attend school without complying with the requirements. Examples of such occasions include, but are not limited to the following:
- School Spirit Day
- Costume Day
- Other themes determined by the building principal
- District 111 band uniform, when designated by the band director(s) and approved by the Principal.
- The uniform of a nationally recognized youth organization, such as, Boy or Girl Scouts on scout meeting days.
Open House: Liberty’s Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 24th from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. This will be a great opportunity for you to visit your child’s classes and meet their teachers.
Back to School Rally: This year’s back to school rally will be held on Saturday, August 28th from 11:00 am-1:00 pm at Burbank School. This is a great event to attend and to spend with family as you visit with the Burbank community. I encourage families to come out and get to know each other so that we can build new friendships and support each other as the need arises.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our Patriots achieve their highest potential. We are ready to begin the 2021-2022 school year. Here’s to a great school year! GO PATRIOTS!!